Three Part Series
The COVID-19 pandemic is not the root cause, but a reinforcement and exaggerator of the inequality of women in the African energy sector. The Women in Energy series will address these challenges by inviting thought leaders who are working tirelessly to ease energy poverty, inspire women entrepreneurs, and have ambition and drive to succeed in their career.
African Women in Energy is a three part series which aims to:
• Highlight the strategic importance of women
• Help bridge the energy access gap
• Find business opportunities for women
• Focus on and women’s leadership in the African power and energy sector (talent management)
• Build a powerful network of women trailblazers in the power and energy industry and unite associations and platforms. It is an inclusive pool of women making change!
Episode 1: Social enterprise opportunities in the energy transition
Social enterprise initiatives offering training to women in rural Africa to distribute clean energy leaves them with not only an electricity source but also a business to boot. This session will share ideas for easing energy poverty and inspiring women entrepreneurs.
Date: 21 September 2020
Time: 14:00 GMT
Episode 2: Financing for women-owned businesses
Discover funds earmarked for green projects owned or managed by women and how you can access financial support.
Date: 12 October 2020
Time: 13:00 GMT
Episode 3: Women in Leadership: Taking your career in energy to the next level
Series finale: How can mentorship and sponsorship programme break barriers for women in the African power and energy industry? Inspiring stories from women trailblazers.
Date: 23 November 2020
Time: 13:00 GMT
More about Future Energy East Africa
More about Future Energy Nigeria