Three wind farms have reached financial close and will commence construction this month in Namakwa Northern Cape, Global wind and solar company Mainstream Renewable Power reported.
According to Creamer media, this follows the third round of bidding under the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (REIPPPP) and the projects will have a combined capacity of 360MW with an investment of ZAR9 billion ($766 million).
- 140 MW Khobab located in Namakwa
- 140 MW Loeriesfontein located in Namakwa
- 80 MW Noupoort wind farm located in Umsobomvu
Murray & Roberts and the CONCO group have been selected to oversee the construction and Siemens Wind will supply and install the wind turbines.
Other equity participants:
- Actis, through itsActis Energy 3 Fund
- Thebe Investment Corporation
- Old Mutual’s IDEAS Managed Fund
- Futuregrowth Asset Management
- Genesis Eco-Energyin partnership with Lereko Metier Sustainable Capital and local community trusts.
Debt support & Legal advisors
- TheDevelopment Bank of Southern Africa
- Simmons& Simmons
- Bowman & Gilfillan
- Fasken Martineau (sponsor legal counsel)
- Stoel Rives (sponsor legal counsel)