Researched by: IDC Technologies
Format: Hard copy
Price: $54.95 excluding shipping
About the book
Switchgear plays an important role in electricity distribution and its performance significantly affects the overall performance of the system. Failure to efficiently disconnect faults elsewhere in the network or failure in switchgear itself is costly, resulting in additional loss of supply, damage to equipment and possibly fatal injury, to personnel. It is therefore critically important that switchgear is operated and maintained correctly, within an overall asset management regime that is both economic and effective in securing a high level of system reliability.
This comprehensive manual focuses on medium voltage switchgear, which comprises by far the bulk of switchgear on most electricity distribution systems. The emphasis is primarily on oil, air blast, SF6 and vacuum circuit breakers, but other forms of MV switchgear, for example ring main units and auto-reclosers will also be described.
AFTER READING THIS BOOK
You will learn:
- Selection of appropriate type and rating of switchgear
- Drawing up purchase specifications
- Switchgear components (CTs, VTs, relays, cable terminations)
- Safe operational policies including safety rules and safety documents
- Diagnostic tools and test equipment
- Safe maintenance policies including safe working in switch rooms, indoor and outdoor substations