The fourth annual African Power Station Manager of the Year Award will be presented on 20th May 2008 at the opening session of African Utility Week.
The winner will be a power station manager who has exhibited genuine excellence in the implementation of a specific project or achievement, that has lead to a remarkable improvement in power plant efficiency or has had benefits for the community or environment.
Other judging criteria include:
- Qualities of leadership
- Management practices and style
- Safety systems and safety measures implemented
- Educational and training programmes
- Energy efficiency programmes
- Environmental considerations
- Overall management of the plant
- Public awareness campaigns.
For more information, please contact Claire Volkwyn: