Deadline for submission of abstracts: Friday, 28 November 2008
Research and production for the 5th annual African Utility Week conference is now underway. The event is scheduled to take place from 19 to 22 May 2009 in Cape Town, South Africa.
African Utility Week is Africa’s largest technology and strategy event for the power and utility sector. The event’s unique training, networking and discussion platforms will demonstrate how utilities can be more efficient and offer cost-effective services through improved infrastructure maintenance, load management, delivery and revenue management choices.
With over 1000 participants every year, this has become the annual forum for African and international experts to come together and discuss strategies as well as technical improvements to the power industry.
The programme includes a number of elements, amongst them are:
- Pre-conference workshops
- Generation Africa
- Transmission & Distribution Africa
- Metering, Billing/CRM Africa
If you have ideas, experiences, products or strategies for the power and uilities sector, then this is your chance to tell the world!
The African Utility Week conference programme has been developed to provide a forum that identifies, discusses and forecasts developments in the industry. Top-level speakers from all key industry stakeholders will present their views using case studies, in-depth presentations and on interactive panels.
We invite all those interested in:
- presenting a paper
- teaching a course
- participating in a think-tank/panel discussion
- becoming a participating association or media partner
- sponsoring / exhibiting at the conference to submit your proposals now.
Presenters are asked to submit an extended abstract (400 to 800 words) by Friday, 28 November 2008 via e-mail. The abstracts will then be reviewed by a Reviewing Committee and presenters will be informed regarding acceptance on or before Monday, 19 January 2009.
Submission Guidelines: When making a submission, please ensure that:
- Abstracts are written in English
- Abstracts do not exceed one letter-size page
- Each abstract contains full contact- and designation details of the speaker
- The session for which the abstract is being submitted is indicated
- The abstract has not been presented before
- The abstract and presentation is of a non-commercial nature; sales pitches will not be accepted
For submission of proposals and any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Nico Loretz at phone: +27 21 700 3555 (international), or via e-mail: email@example.com.
Additional information about the event can be found at: