OMICRON’s CT Analyser is a unique lightweight multifunctional instrument designed to meet the highest standards for performing excitation, ratio, polarity and winding resistance tests on current transformers (CTs) as well as burden-impedance measurement.
The equipment provides automatic testing and calibration for all types of low leakage flux current transformers both on-site in the power system as well in the controlled environment of CT and switchgear manufacturers. The CT Analyzer allows an automatic assessment of test results clearly indicating whether the parameters of the CT under test match its specification. It is also applicable to the testing of CTs according to IEC 60044-6 (TPS, TPX, TPY and TPZ).
With the CT Analyzer the testing of current transformers can be carried out to an extremely high level of accuracy. The accuracy level (0.02 % / 1 min.) makes the CT Analyzer the ideal tool for calibration and verification, not only for protection CTs but also for class 0.2 CTs for metering.
Using the CT Analyzer provides a wide range of test and measurement possibilities:
- Burden measurement
- CT Winding resistance measurement
- CT Excitation characteristic recording
- CT transient behavior measurement
- CT ratio measurement with consideration of connected burden
- CT phase and polarity measurement
- Determination of accuracy limiting factor, instrument security factor, secondary time constant, remanence factor, knee point voltage/current, class, saturated and non saturated inductance
- Assessment according to defined standards: IEC60044-1, IEC60044-6, IEEE C57.13-1993 The CT Analyzer performs an automatic parameter search and CT test – using the "Name plate guesser" function. For standard current transformers it allows the user to do a test with minimal training and no knowledge of the CT to be tested.
The extremely small and lightweight (< 8 kg / 17 lb) hardware is particularly beneficial for on-site testing and the clear user interface utilizing clear electronically implemented "test cards", identified by labeled "tabs" makes the device very easy to use.