The Green Pioneer Accelerator Programme has awarded nine Kenyan and three South African energy start-ups a spot in their 2015 programme, allAfrica reported.
The Programme driven by Impact Amplifier, Growth Africa, VC4Africa and Hivos, takes entrepreneurs with innovative designs which combat the effects of climate change, to a position of market investment. The initiative will educate and build the company, refining and developing key strategies, creating a secure financial situation for investment and developing a strong knowledge of sales.
The successful candidates underwent a careful vetting process, examining the core foundations of their businesses to determine how they performed as a team in problem solving and how feasible the company would be in the long term.
The 12 energy entrepreneurs will cstart the programme in early February. They were selected for their innovative business models in addressing Africa’s top industry challenges in energy and the environment.
Successful Kenyan entrepreneurs and companies:
- Strauss Energy-Tony Nyagah
- Afrisol Energy Limited – Amos Nguru
- Boma Safi Limited – Joyce Gema
- Cobitech Solar – Samson Gichia
- Consumer’s Choice Limited – Mohammed Kadhi
- Kencoco Limited – DR. Said Twahir
- Plexus Energy Limited – Edward Kinyanjui
- Sanivation – Andrew Foote
- Skynotch Energy Africa – Patrick Kimathi
Successful South African entrepreneurs and companies:
- SolarTurtle – James van de Walt
- Phambili Energy South Africa – Musa Msimango
- Project Solaris – Samantha Bartle
(Pic Credits: Impact Amplifier, careers)