Deadline date: 31 October 2018.
The Republic of The Gambia requires consulting services for the deployment of the Electricity Restoration and Modernisation Project.
The consulting services overall objective is to develop a strategic master plan for the electricity sector of The Gambia, assessing current and future electricity demand for both supplied and suppressed—, and establishing the medium and long-term investments in generation, and T&D necessary to meet the forecast national electricity demand while meeting the specified reliability standards.
The services include:
- Demand estimation and forecast
- Solar mapping study and land banking exercise
- Gas-to-power options study
- Imports analysis
- Least-cost power development plan (LCPDP)
- T&D masterplan and universal access study
- Financial model update
- Institutional arrangements
The National Water and Electricity Company now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services.
Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- The firm awarded with this contract, and any staff participating in this assignment, will not be directly connected with the power sector in the Gambia or have any conflict of interest which may potentially bias their technical judgment in relation with the assignment.
- Companies will include in their proposal either a comprehensive list of works in the power sector in the relevant countries in the last five years.
- The firm must have prior experience in the completion of at least three consultancies similar to this consultancy, carried out during the past five years.
- The consultant should provide a list of such work and associated references.
- The firm should have experience in the region.
- Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy.
- In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
- A consultant will be selected in accordance with the quality-and-cost based selection method set out in the procurement regulations. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours:
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 31 October 2018.
The Managing Director
National Water and Electricity Company
Attn: Demba Jallow – Project Coordinator
53Mamadi Maniyang Highway
P.O.Box 609, Banjul
Tel: +2204376607 / 4376608
Fax: +220 4375990
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.