The Climate and Carbon Finance Unit of the World Bank Group, which manages the Tanzania Renewable Energy Programme as trustee of the Carbon Partnership Facility, together with Rural Energy Agency (REA) of the United Republic of Tanzania.
The programme consists of several renewable energy sub-projects such as small hydro, solar and biomass power plants.
The programme is registered as a Clean Development Mechanism Programme of Activities at the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change.
World Bank: expressions of interest for consultancy
The World Bank is calling for expressions of interest for a full time local consultant for the programme.
The objective of this consultancy is to provide support for the implementation of the Tanzania Renewable Energy Programme.
Main areas of expected focus
The consultant will assist REA and the World Bank with the following tasks:
- Administrative and technical support in the implementation of the programme
- Field visits to sub-projects to verify on their implementation status
- Gather information and manage database on the programme and sub-projects
- Support sub-projects in fulfillment of CDM requirements on monitoring and reporting
- Search for new sub-projects to be included into the programme
- Any other tasks that may be separately agreed but excluding legal advisory services
The successful candidate must meet the following required selection criteria:
- Master’s degree in Renewable Energy, Electrical/Power Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Good computer skills (MS Office)
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Excellent organisational skills, proven ability to perform multiple tasks, prioritize deliverables and work under pressure and tight deadlines with accuracy and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work in a team environment, as well as under minimum supervision
- Ability to travel across Tanzania
Expression of interest deadline
The deadline for submissions is the 18th August 2016 at 11:59pm (Eastern Time – Washington D.C.) and language of notice must be in English.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.