Tuesday 24 November 2015
Moving the West African Power Sector to the Next Level
Sponsor Welcome Address
A Better Way to An Emerging West Africa
Shi Weiliang, Vice President of West & Central African Regions, Huawei Technologies, China
West Africa’s Power Road Map: What are the Real Risks vs Perceived Risks?
- Analysis of the region’s power infrastructure progress & opportunities
- Nigeria’s post-election power industry update: more energy & less energy reform?
- Solutions to the region’s domestic gas short fall
- What is the economic landscape of the regional power sector?
Eyo Ekpo, Former Commissioner, NERC & Team Lead, Presidential Task Force on Power, Nigeria
The Good, the Bad & the Future: Voices from the Private Sector
- What are the realities of doing business in the power sector?
- How have the private sector planned for the future?
- Exploring expansion projects: Pinpointing opportunities for companies to win contracts & support infrastructure refurbishment
- How will the move away from the partial risk guarantee benefit the Nigerian investment landscape?
- Addressing the skills gap: Marrying local talent with international expertise
Rahila Thomas, Country Manager, ÅF-Mercados EMI, Nigeria
Robert Dickerman, Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer, Enugu Electricity Distribution Company, Nigeria
Oladele Amoda, Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer, Eko Electricity Distribution Company, Nigeria
Kola Karim, Chief Executive Officer, Shoreline Energy, Nigeria
Daudu Abdul-Aziz, Chief Operating Officer, North South Power – Shiroro Hydroelectric Power Station, Nigeria
Oti Ikomi, Executive Vice-Chairman, Proton Energy, Nigeria
Rumundaka Wonodi, Chief Executive Officer, Nigeria Bulk Electricity Trading, Nigeria
Reuben Okeke, Director General, National Power Institute of Nigeria, Nigeria
Monetisation of Gas Reserves for Power Projects
- To what extent can gas utilisation be a game changer in West Africa’s energy management?
- What is the role of upstream companies in satisfying West Africa’s thirst for gas?
- What solutions can mini LNG modular units offer? At what financial cost?
- Domestic pipeline infrastructure & strategies for preventing vandalism
- Assessing the benefits of a virtual pipeline
- Developing IPP solutions: From conception to securing the ideal technologies
Isaac Gbenga Oluwadiya, Gas to Power Advisor, Adam Smith International, Nigeria
Ezekiel Adesina, Senior Business & Strategy Analyst, Nigeria LNG, Nigeria
Adedamola A. Adegun, Gas Commercial, Planning & Commercial, Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC), Nigeria
Emeka Okwuosa, Chief Executive Officer, Oilserv, Nigeria
Nasir Giwa, Head Power and Gas, Siemens, Nigeria