Deadline date: 10 October 2018
Gisagara District through its ordinary budget would like to hire a consulting firm for a feasibility study on a public lighting installation.
Gisagara District now invites, by the present invitation interested bidders to tender for the above-mentioned consultancy service.
The preferred bidder will be required to conduct a full study for all the required works to make the Public Lighting operational and durable.
The objective of the assignment is to conduct a full study for public lighting installation in Gisagara District by ensuring that installation requirements are set to meet the needed quality of public lighting after the project implementation and that the public lighting will comply with the relevant Rwandan laws.
The selected consultant is expected to perform the following technical tasks:
- General site assessment;
- Conduct an assessment of properties that may require expropriation and estimate their values according to properties valuation guidelines applicable in Rwanda;
- Full pylons footing design;
- Prepare the detailed drawings with all measurements and element positions;
- Set technical specifications for materials, equipment including their use guidelines in order to get good quality result;
- Estimate quantities and cost of supply and installation works;
- Estimate the reasonable time within which the construction works can be executed;
- Recommend the tests to be done during the Installation works execution;
- Prepare the draft bidding documents for the execution of supply and installation works to be used when hiring the contractor who will execute the works;
- Any other technical task that may be necessary depending on the judgement of the consultant and on special conditions of this project.
Interested bidders should propose a team with strong experience in public lighting or electrification projects in relation with this study. At least two relevant references supported with proof (i.e. certificates of good completion and their contracts) are to be provided.
This assignment should be of the same nature and complexity. In addition to the bidder’s experience, the firm should have key staff who meet the following requirements:
- The team leader: One personnel. The Team Leader should be an Electrical or Electromechanical Engineer (A0 in Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering) with a minimum experience of 10 years. He/she should have conducted at least three similar services with the same complexity as a Team Leader.
- Civil Engineer: One personnel. The Civil Engineer should be a Civil Engineer (A0 in Civil Engineering) with a minimum experience of five years. He/she should have conducted at least three similar services with the same complexity as a Civil Engineer.
- Quantity Surveyor: One personnel. The Quantity Surveyor should have A0 in Survey with a minimum experience of 3 years. He/she should have conducted at least two similar services with the same complexity as a Quantity Surveyor.
- Topographic Surveyor: One personnel. The Topographic Surveyor should have A0 in Topography with a minimum experience of three years. He/she should have conducted at least two similar services with the same complexity as a Topographic Surveyor.
- Property Valuer: One personnel. The Property Valuer should be an experienced property valuation approved by The Institute of Real Property Valuers (IRPV) with a minimum experience of five years. He/she should have conducted at least two similar services with the same complexity as a Property Valuer.
All bids will be submitted through E-Procurement System on www.umucyo.gov.rw as required in the system.
The deadline for this tender is 10 October 2018.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.