The Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA) has issued a request of expression of interest, which seeks a consultant to conduct a systems energy audit and design a solar backup system for its premises’.
Due to the persistent power blackouts, MRA is looking for a solar power solution that is a feasible and sustainable solution for all of its MRA stations across the country.
Requirements for solar consultant
- Conduct a system energy audit for all MR stations/ ports across the county
- Design a solar backup system for each MRA station/ port
- Supervise the implementation and installation of the designed solar power systems in all MRA stations/ ports across the county
Expected outputs of the solar system project
- A detailed project inception report
- A report on energy consumption and recommendations for potential areas to save energy and priority actions to be taken
- A report on recommendations on the type of solar system to be installed
- Optimal system design for each MRA station/ port
- A comprehensive project supervision report/ a project certification report
Composition of the team of consultants
The assignment will require a thorough understanding of solar power backup systems and the bidding institutions/individuals will propose a team of experts that have a mix of relevant expertise in solar energy and other sustainable energy powered by nature.
One team member will be the team leader and the following are the required qualifications and attributes:
- Have a minimum of Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, renewable energy or any other related field.
- Duration of assignment
- The assignment is to be undertaken and completed within six weeks and finished by 24th February 2017.
The consultants will report to the Malawi Revenue Authority through the Head of Administration and will work with the government Director of Buildings Department (DOB).
Interested consultants should submit their expressions of interest as a team clearly indicting who the team leader is and who the team members are and should attach copies of their updated CVs.
Submission of expressions of interest
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below by mail or by email no later than Friday 23rd December 2016. The expressions of interest must be clearly marked Expressions of Interest to Conduct System Energy Audit and Solar Power System Design.
The address for clarification, further details and submission of the expressions of interest is as below:
The IPC Chairperson
Malawi Revenue Authority
Private Bag 247
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.