The Eskom tender is targeted at qualified applicants who hold a valid BBBEE certificate, and contractors must have a footprint in the Northern Cape Operating Unit. Proof of this will be by submitting a utility account in the name of the business entity.
In addition, a range of spend will be targeted for Black Woman Owned (BWO), Black Youth Owned (BYO), Black People Living with Disability (BPLwD) or Black Owned (BO) as this forms part of reporting of Eskom performance to the shareholder.
Joint ventures and partnerships are also encouraged.
Eskom tender objectives
- Stimulation of the Northern Cape economy by supporting local suppliers
- Development of the local community
- Geographical location or proximity to site in this tender plays a critical role as response time and speed of service where the project is located is very critical
- For the purpose of development of designated suppliers at task order allocation stage, the allocation process will be such that a range of spend may be specific to categorise suppliers in terms of capacity, BBBEE Status Level of contribution and/or ownership status.
Documents to submit prior to submitting a tender
- Valid original/certified copy of tax clearance certificate
- Declaration of authority
- Valid original/certified copy of COID/FEM letter of Good
- Declaration of Interest
- Declaration of fair bidding
- CIPRO document showing owners/shareholders/members
- Shareholders certificates
- Valid original/certified copy of B-BBEE certificate
Tender clarification meeting
Date: 23 May 2016
Venue: Eskom Towers Ground Floor- Kalahari Boardroom
Address: 04 George Street, Kimberley, 8301
Eskom tender submission
Tender documents are to be submitted on or before 10:00am, 20 June 2016 at the address below:
Attention: Dorothy Moleleki
120 Henry Street
Subscribe to tenders service
For more details tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, we can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.