The government of Burkina Faso has received funding from the International Development Association, and intends to use part of the amount to effect payments under the following contract:
Consultancy for the evaluation of the performance of the hydrocarbon supply chain and of the gas company’s operational and organisational audit, Sonabhy.
The consultant must be a firm (firm) specialising in the hydrocarbons sector on technical, legal, economic, financial and sectoral reform aspects.
The consulting services include:
- Undertake an in-depth diagnosis of the legislative, regulatory and institutional framework of the hydrocarbon sector;
- Conduct a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the regulated structure of hydrocarbon prices and its adjustment mechanisms, evaluate its implementation and its implications in terms of cross-subsidies between products and transfers between the state and Sonabhy;
- Make a comparative study of this framework with the best regional and international curricula in order to retain relevant provisions that can enrich and improve national instruments;
- Analyse problems related to the inadequacy or gaps in the legislative, regulatory and institutional framework and make recommendations to the Government to overcome identified difficulties and constraints;
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of the company’s operating responsibilities, including those related to importation, transportation, stockage, serious; the distribution and marketing of hydrocarbons, to evaluate, in a subregional perspective, the operational performance of Sonabhy;
- Evaluate technical, commercial and administrative and support functions (procurement, accounting, finance, management control, budget, human resources, information system, etc.);
- Carry out an overall and complete organisational diagnosis, through an assessment of organisational capacity, including strategic planning processes (board of directors, general management and related services), which underpins the performance of the business;
- To make a comparative study of the performance of Sonabhy, based on the standards applicable to companies of the same nature, with a view to retaining relevant provisions that could improve its efficiency;
- Analyse the operational and organisational weaknesses of the company; and propose relevant recommendations to improve the performance of Sonabhy;
- Analyse Sonabhy’s operational and administrative investment policies and policies and propose solutions for their improvement.
Expression of interest
The Director of Public Procurement of the Ministry of Energy invites consulting firms who are eligible to express their interest in providing the services described above.
The consultants concerned must provide information proving that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience for the execution of the services. The qualification criteria for consultants are:
- Qualification to perform the above services (presentation brochure, organiSation of the consultant for the assignment,
- References concerning the performance of similar contracts (in kind and in amount) during the last ten years
- Experience of the oil and gas sector in comparable environments;
- The list of permanent consultant staff with their qualifications and experience (CVs are not required), etc.).
Consultants can partner with other partners to strengthen their respective skills in the form of a solidarity group or a subcontractor.
A Consultant will be selected according to the Consultant Qualification Method as described in the Guidelines – Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers in IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants January 2011, updated in July 2014.
Interested consultants may obtain additional information at the address below and at the following times every business day: 08:00am to 4:00 and 1:00pm. to 4:00pm.
The address is: Electricity Sector Support Project (P) located at 523, Avenue Loudun (2nd floor – Building R + 4 located behind Total Burkina Siegravege station – Kwame N’Krumah).
Expressions of interests in French must be submitted in three copies of which one original and two copies to the address below in person or by email at the latest on April 27, 2018 at 9:00am at the Secretariat of the Ministry of Public Procurement of the Ministry of Energy, located in the BUMIGEB Fada route 01 BP 644 – Ouagadougou 0 1, Tel: (00226) 25 40 86 52/53, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.