In southern Africa, the government of the Kingdom of Swaziland has received a loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development towards the Swaziland local government project. A portion of these funds has been earmarked for payments under the contract for the installation of solar street lighting and electrical street lighting in the Siteki Urban Area.
The Siteki Town Council now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the solar street lighting and electrical street lighting installation in Siteki Urban Roads.
Bidding will be conducted through the national competitive bidding producers specified in the World Bank’s guidelines: procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits, and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the guidelines 5.
Information on solar street lighting tender
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Siteki Town Council – Town Engineer’s Office and inspect the bidding documents during operating hours, 08:00am – 16:00pm at the address below:
Siteki Town Council
P.O. Box 57
Qualification requirements include the following
- Construction industry council registration certificate under category E1
- Valid trading license
- Valid tax clearance certificate for Swazi government tenders
- Valid labour compliance certificate
- Valid VAT certificate
- Form J (ownership, citizenship and percentage shareholding of the company directors)
- Details of any work proposed to be sub-let together with names and experience of the sub-contractors proposed
- Details of a similar nature the contractor has executed during the last five years and level of involvement
- Qualifications and experience of proposed key site management and technical personnel for the contract
- Details and inventory of the plant that the tenderer proposes mobilising for the project, including details of plant/equipment ownership
- Evidence of adequacy of working capital for this contract (access to line(s) for credit and availability of other financial resources)
- Authority to seek references from the bidder’s bankers or financers
- Information regarding any litigation, current or during the last five years, in which the bidder was/is involved, the parties concerned, and the disputed
- Joint venture or partnership agreement (if applicable)
- Power of attorney/ authority for tender signatory
- Audited financial statement for the last five years
Collection and submission of tender
A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders at the address stated above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of E500.00 ($36) in cash.
The bidding documents can be collected at the Town Engineer’s Council Office after payment at the cashiers office.
Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 12:00 midday on 20th January 2017.
All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of E20,000.00 ($1,462).
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.