The French Development Agency has approved financing to support the renewable energy integration in Senegal’s public power company, Senelec’s electricity network.
The main objective of the project is to conduct a training programme whose themes are defined by Senelec.
Renewable energy integration
This programme is intended to develop the expertise and specific skills of the Senelec staff in charge of the implementation of renewable energy projects and programmes.
The aim of the programme is therefore to enable the beneficiaries to acquire the essential concepts for the efficient and effective integration of renewable energy into Senelec’s energy mix.
The specific objectives of the capacity building programme include:
- Improved knowledge and skills to ensure that the competencies held by agents are aligned with the expected competencies in development Renewable Energies;
- Sensitisation of Senelec’s agents to the economic, technical, social and environmental interests of Renewable Energies;
- Training of trainers to include capacity building program in Renewable EnergiesIn the continuity of the actions of Senelec.
Senelec invites interested consultants to express their interest in providing the services described above and to provide information demonstrating that they possess the qualifications and experience relevant to the performance of the above-mentioned services.
To qualify, the consultant must have strong experience in the following:
- Technical training on the design, operation and integration of renewable energies, in particular solar and wind power plants;
- Technical training on network studies integrating intermittent power generation plants;
- Operation of transmission and distribution networks taking into account the intermittent nature of solar and wind power plants.
- The Consultant must demonstrate a good knowledge of the Senegalese context, and in particular the recent developments in the development of renewable energies.
- The Consulatant must justify a similar experience conducted with at least two electricity companies comparable to Senelec.
- The teams mobilised by the Consultant for the execution of the service must be perfectly French-speaking.
The consultants will be pre-selected in accordance with the national procedures described in the Public Procurement Code (Decree No. 2014-1212 of 22 September 2014).
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below, on working days at: Senelec Procurement Unit, located at 19 rue Abdou Karim Bourgi X Wagane Diouf on the 2 nd floor of the Tounkara building BP: 93 Dakar, Senegal
Written expressions of interest in French, one original and three copies of should be deposited in the room of the Commission des Marchés de Senelec at 19 rue Abdou Karim Bourgi X Wagane Diouf on the 2 nd floor of The Tounkara building, Dakar, no later than Wednesday, 05 July 2017 at 09:30 local time precise.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more details tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, we can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.