The government of Senegal through Senelec is seeking a consultant to study the power utility’s tariff structure.
The consultant will work closely with the Senelec team and will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct a critical analysis of all documents, studies and text transmitted by Senelec;
- Piloting the collection and analysis of data;
- Propose technical studies to complement the missing data;
- Analyse the regulatory and pricing framework;
- Analyse base billing;
- Analyse and validate Senelec’s cost projections;
- Develop a tariff simulation model;
- Propose tariff schedules
Senelec tariff structure tender
Senelec invites consulting firms to provide the services described above. The consultants concerned shall provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience.
- Consultant must have a good knowledge of the Senegal electricity sector
- The consultant must have completed at least two tariff study missions in the electricity sector for a company of the size of Senelec certified by certificates of good enforcement
- The consultant must be a specialised consulting firm with a minimum experience of 10 years in the conduct of tariff studies with at least two experiments carried out by certificates of good enforcement
- Consultants must be familiar with the principles of general and analytical accounting in an electricity company
- Must be familiar with the structure of the accounts and the interpretation of the accounts in order to be able to carry out analysis
- The Consultant shall, either with its own staff or through external subcontracting, cover all areas of expertise necessary to fulfil its mandate, whether technical, regulatory, legal, economic, financial or any other field
Consultants can partner with other firms to strengthen their respective skills in the form of a solidarity grouping or a sub-contracting agreement.
Interested bidders can obtain additional information at the address below, every working day from 7:30am to 16:30pm: Senelec Procurement Unit, located at 19 AbdouKarim Bourgi Street X Wagane Diouf on 2nd Floor of the Tounkara building – Dakar, Senegal.
Bidders should submit their expressions of interests in French to the secretariat of the Procurement Unit at the same address provided above, no later than 30 August 2017 at 9:30am local time.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.
Senegalese flag source: Shutterstock