The government of Rwanda has received financing from the Belgian Kingdom toward the cost of improving access to reliable on-grid electricity services for households and priority public institutions – Belgian contribution to EARP (BE2 EARP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL)/BE2 EARP invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in providing the specified services.
Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience.
The consultant will assist in the process of procuring a 220/110kV 93MVA transformer for the underway Shango substation in Kigali.
Shango substation is a transmission substation where 2x220kV lines from Uganda, 2x220kV lines from the Eastern part of Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and 2x220kV from Regional Rusumo Hydropower plant meet.
A 2x110kV line from the substation will supply Kigali City Distribution. A 220/110kV 93MVA transformer for Kigali City Distribution and a 220/30kV 30MVA for local use are already installed.
However, there is a need for a second 220/110kV 93MVA transformer.
Electricity consultant requirements
The consultant will be selected in accordance with the Rwanda Law N° 05/2013 of 13/02/2013 modifying and completing the law N° 12/2007 of 27/03/2007 on Public Procurement.
- Assist EDCL with technical expertise during the procurement process for the transformer, analyse and prepare the responses to the inquires from the bidders in consultation with EDCL;
- Supervision of the implementation of the contract for the project and establishment of a project site organisation for the contract;
- General assistance for administration of the project;
- Provide on-the-job training and technology transfer to the staffs of EDCL in contractor’s design approval, project management and supervision of installation works;
- Monitor compliance by the contractor during installation and commissioning for applicable legal requirements of Rwanda;
- Prepare and submit the project completion report that outlines, inter-alia, achievements in meeting the objectives and target set out for EDCL under BTC requirements.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 08:00am to 17:00pm
Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) Electricity Access Roll-out Program (EARP)
Application and Submission
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their expression of interest including the following documents:
- Letter of expression of interest to the Assignment signed by himself
- Detailed Curriculum vitae signed
- Copy of degrees and certificates
- Certificate of good performance of similar assignments (at least two assignment executed in the last five years)
All applications should be submitted by Email to the above email addresses or hard copy in a written form to the address below on 2 March 2017
Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) KN2 ST,
Nyarugenge District, Kigali City,
PO Box 3855 Kigali,
Rwanda, KCT: 10th floor
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.