The government of Rwanda has received a loan from the African Development Fund towards the cost of scaling up energy access projects, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments under the contract for the:
- Supply and delivery of electric poles
- Supply and delivery of 30kV distribution transformers and overhead switchgears
Tender information: energy access project
The Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the above mentioned contracts.
Bidding will be conducted through the international competitive Bidding procedures specified in the African Development Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods and Contracting for Execution of Works, and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the guidelines.
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Electricity Access Roll out Program (EARP) Procurement specialist, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below between 08:00 to 17:00 hours local time.
A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of $50 for each of the contract or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency deposited to the account called RECO/EARP, N° 1230070 opened at BNR (National Bank of Rwanda).
Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 10:00am local time (8:00am GMT) on 29 May 2017.
Electronic bidding will not be permitted. All bids must be accompanied by a bank bid security of:
- Supply and delivery of electric poles –Lot 1: $15,000 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency;
- Lot 2: $10,000 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency
- Supply and delivery of 30kV distribution transformers and overhead switchgears – Lot 1: 10,000 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency;
- Lot 2: 4,000 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency
The address referred to above is:
Energy Development Corporation Ltd (EDCL) (Headquarter) KN2 ST 3,
Kigali City Tower (KTC), 10th Floor, in the Procurement Office
P.O Box 3855
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.
Featured image: 123rf