The Federal government of Nigeria has allocated funds to the Federal Ministry of Communications (FMC) in the 2017 capital appropriation for the procurement of goods, works and services for the execution of policies, programmes and projects towards achieving the mandate of the ministry.
Accordingly, Federal Ministry of Communications wishes to invite qualified, interested and eligible vendors, contractors and consultants to participate in the bidding process for the deployment of an off-grid renewable energy system.
Requirements for off-grid renewable energy system
Interested and competent contractors seeking to carry out the above contract are required to submit the following documents, which will be subjected to verification by the Ministry:
- Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Please attach the company’s Article of Memorandum and duly certified form C07;
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three years (2014,2015 & 2016);
- Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Certificate for (2017); National Pension Commission (PENCOM) Certificate for 2017;
- Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) Interim Registration Report (IRR) Certificate;
- National Social Insurance Trust fund (NSITF) certificate;
- Company Audited Accounts for the last three years (2014, 2015 & 2016); the Audit Firm must be registered with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria;
- A sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of FMC or BPP is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and that no partner/Director have been convicted in any country for criminal offences related to fraudulent or corrupt practices or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter and that all the required documents presented in this bid are both genuine and up to date and that the company is not under receivership, the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings, insolvency or bankruptcy;
- Detailed company profile showing verifiable evidence of possession of experience in the similar job evidenced by at least three projects of similar nature and complexity backed up with letters of award and job completion certificates in the last five years;
- Possession of adequate qualified personnel with their Curriculum Vitae and ability to perform the obligation of the contract; bidders must show evidence of personnel registration with relevant professional body(s) and corporate body(s) where necessary;
- Evidence of company registration with relevant professional body’s as a consulting firm;
- Evidence of tools and equipment to be used and their locations as well as whether the tools or equipment are leased or owned;
- Bank Reference Letter;
- Any bid above N100 million ($278,536) for goods/services and N300 million ($835,154) for works must be accompanied with 2% bid security;
- The required turn over for each Lot is as in the bidding document;
- Shortlisted firms for Lot 2017/TPS/Eol/01 will be invited for a pre- bid meeting;
Bid collection and submission
Tender documents are obtainable from the Procurement Office, Room 305, 3rd floor on the presentation of original receipt of non-refundable tender fee of N10,000 ($28) for each lot paid into Ministry of Communications REMITAA/C 0020054141107046.
The completed tender documents must be duly registered at the Procurement Department and submitted in three copies, one original and two copies in two separate sealed envelopes clearly marked “Technical” and “Financial” and both sealed in a third envelope, all the envelops must be marked with the appropriate project title, company name, company address and Lot number at the top right hand corner and addressed to the address below. The deadline for this tender is 19 October 2017.
The Secretary Tenders Board,
Federal Ministry of Communications
Federal Secretariat Complex,
Phase 1 Shehu Shagari Way
Room 347, 3rd Floor, Annex 3
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.
Featured image: Stock