The Lesotho Electricity Company (LEC) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the installation of a 5MVA 33/11KV transformer at Morija Substation, Maseru.
The works includes the provision of necessary goods and works, design, labour, materials, equipment, installation, commissioning, testing, and other technical and civil engineering services necessary for the successful completion of the installation.
The contract also includes the following works:
- Design, and construct the fire walls
- Design, excavation and construction of 5MVA transformer Plinths and bund wall
- Design, excavation and construction of 33kV bay equipment support structures platforms
- Design, excavation and construction of control cables and power cable trenches
- Design, supply and delivery of a 5MVA 33/11kv transformer
- Design, supply and delivery of 33/11kV transformer protection panels
- Rigging, erection, testing and commissioning of the 5MVA 33/11kV transformers and all electrical works at Morija distribution substation and hand over to LEC
- Design, supply and installation of 11kV incomer
- Design, supply and installation of 33kV outdoor equipment that includes isolators, CT’s, Surge arrestors, circuit breakers, earth switches and 33000/400V NECRT
- Design, supply and installation of power cables, protection and control cables
All other necessary works to connect energies and commission the transformer bays comprehensive contracts management
Lesotho Electricity Company tender details
A complete set of bidding documents is available from the procurement office.
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at Procurement Offices at:
Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd.
53 Moshoeshoe Road, Industrial Area, P.O. Box 423,
Maseru, 100, Lesotho
Bids must be delivered to the tender box located at LEC Management Block reception on or before 14:15pm on Friday 13 October 2017, and must be accompanied by a refundable bid security of M5,000 ($376).
There will be a pre-bid meeting that will be followed by site visit for bidders that wish to inspect site conditions on the Friday 13th October 2017 at Morija 33KV Substation at 09:00am.
The costs of visiting the site and obtaining the necessary information shall be borne by the bidders.
Clarifications shall be communicated in writing two weeks before the tender closing date.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.
Featured image: Stock