Kinangop Wind Park – tender information
Kinangop Wind Park is a proposed 60.8MW wind farm project that was launched in 2004 and since then has faced various financial and operational challenges leading to the recent appointment of receivers by the company’s secured lenders.
The receivers would now like to invite interested parties to submit their non-binding EOI in the purchase of the assets consisting of three blades, three tower sections; one nacelle; one hub; one padmounted transformer as well as various accessories.
Further details of the required assets by the client may be obtained from the office of the joint receivers and manager on working days as from 6th to 28th June 2016.
Procedure of wind turbine generators sale
The sale process is to be executed in two stages that will include a pre-qualification of the non-binding EOI and the request for proposal and submission of firm offers for purchase of the assets.
Please note that only pre-qualified bidders will be invited to participate in stage two, which entails the inspection of the assets, undertaking requisite due diligence and submission of firm bids for the purchase of the assets.
Required documents for EOI
- Profile and structure of company including; shareholding, directorship of the company and relevant related entities;
- Copy of certificate of incorporation, principal business activity/activities, country/countries of establishment and operation and duration of business activities;
- Indication on local, regional or international experience in wind power generation, renewable energy or other relevant projects experience;
- Demonstration of financial capacity of the entity/consortium to undertake the transaction and at a minimum provision of relevant audited financial statements for the last three years, provision of letter of support from a financier undertaking to support acquisition of the assets and/or indication of how the company intends to finance the acquisition of the assets; and
- An indication of the company’s internal process to submit a firm financial bid for the purchase of the assets and an indication of the length of time (in weeks).
Submission of EOl
Interested qualified parties should send their documents no later than Thursday, 30th June 2016 to:
The Joint Receivers and Managers Kinangop Wind Park Limited (in Receivership) c/o P. O. box 43963 – 00100 Nairobi, Kenya.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.