The Organisation for the Development of the Gambia River (OMVG), is requesting consultancy services for the preparation of an impact study of environmental and social feasibility of the Saltinho Hydroelectric project on the Corubal River in Guinea Bissau.
OMVG, which consists of The Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau and Senegal, has received financial and technical support from the African Development Bank, through the Organisation’s Sustainable Energy Funds for Africa (SEFA).
The project design will consider a second downstream dam at Cussilinta with an estimated capacity of 34MW and the impact of potential dams upstream in Guinea (such as Fello Sounga, Kourawel).
The project is part of the second generation of the OMVG’s energy programme for the extension of the electricity network linking the associated countries.
The OMVG intends to recruit a consultant (firm) to assess the feasibility, environmental and social aspects of the project (reports will be in French and English).
The activities planned for the mission assigned to it are described below:
- Review of previous environmental and social studies of the project. A study of environmental and social feasibility of the project was carried out in 1992 by COBA.
- Collection and analysis of data for environmental and social feasibility assessment.
- Integrating the environmental and social impacts of Saltinho in a cumulative logic with those of Fello Sounga and Kourawel upstream.
Criteria for Saltinho Hydroelectric project
Interested persons must provide information on their capacity and experience demonstrating that they are qualified for the services (documentation, reference of similar services, experience in comparable missions, availability of qualified personnel, etc.).
Consultants are encouraged to collaborate in order to increase their chances of qualification.
EOI files must include documents demonstrating the following:
- Relevant work experience in advising on the environmental and social issues associated with hydroelectric developments of at least 15 years.
- Experienced project team with expertise in environmental and social impact assessment and implementation of associated management and resettlement plans.
- Ability to work in French, English and Portuguese.
The eligibility criteria, shortlisting and selection procedure will be in line with the Procurement Policy for Bank Group Financed Operations, October 2015 Edition, which are available on the website at: http://www.afdb.org
Interested consultants may obtain additional information on the reference documents at the address given below and at the following times: Monday to Thursday from 9:00am to 16:00pm and Friday from 9:00 m to 13:00 pm (Dakar time).
Expressions of interest, expressly marked “Interest – Saltinho Hydroelectric Project on the Corubal River in Guinea-Bissau – Consultancy services for the preparation of an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment” must be submitted to the address given below, in:
- Five copies (one original plus four paper copies and five CD-ROMs including one original)
- Three copies (one original plus three paper copies and three CD – ROMs) by 16 March 2017 at 11:00am (Dakar time).
The address is as follow:
Attention to: Monsieur El Hadj Lansana FOFANA, Haut-Commissaire de l’OMVG
Immeuble CTIMM, 5ème étage, sis Route de Ouakam, Mermoz, Dakar – Sénégal
BP : 2353 – CP : 18524 – Dakar R.P.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.