The European Union (EU), is calling both local and foreign individuals and consortium bidders to provide services in the reform of Lesotho’s energy sector. Therefore improving its coordination function through restructuring of key entities and the attendant regulatory framework.
The bidders must be effectively established in a member state of the EU or in an eligible country or territory. All supplies and materials under this contract shall originate from one or more of those eligible countries.
Lesotho’s energy sector
- The contract will also support the ministry of energy and meteorology (MEM) in the development and implementation of planning instruments (technical and financial) for increased access to sustainable energy in rural and in off-grid areas in addition to the already existing on-grid extensions.
- The contract will support policy dialogue in order to create an enabling environment, both for improved governance and improved private sector participation and investment in the energy sector.
- The contractor will also support the MEM in complying with European Development Fund (EDF) procedures for implementation of programme estimates.
Applications must be submitted using the standard application form, the format and instructions of which must be strictly observed. The application form is available from the link below:
Applications must be submitted in English exclusively to the contracting authority in a sealed envelope:
• Either by recorded delivery (official postal service) to:
The National Authorising Officer of the Kingdom of Lesotho,
PO Box 395,
- Or hand delivered (including courier services) directly to the contracting authority in return for a signed and dated receipt to:
Attention: Office of the National Authorising Officer, Ministry of Finance, Finance House, Government Complex,
Corner of Kingsway and High Court Roads,
Africa House, Office 3024 & 3011,
Note: office opening hours are 8:00am to 12:45pm and 14:00pm to 16:30pm Monday to Fridays excluding public holidays. Deadline for receipt of applications is 24 July 2017 at 16:00pm, local time.
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.
Featured image: Shutterstock