The Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP) company invites bidders to submit a notice of Expression of Interest for EPC contract management services for the Koysha hydroelectric project.
Consultancy on Koysha hydroelectric project
The services of a consulting company are required for the supervision and control of the EPC contract, under the following scope of works but not limited to the following:
- The consultant shall carry out the engineering services of the project throughout the entire contract period (including defect liability period) under and in close cooperation with the client’s project office.
- The contract period is 63 months, plus 12 months defects liability period.
- The consultant shall provide overall and complete consultancy services to the client in the EPC contract administration during construction and defects liability periods of the project in conformity with internationally accepted standards and procedures as well as the state-of the- art-technology prevailing in the hydroelectric construction sector.
During the contract period, the consultant shall mainly carry out:
- Review and providing approval to civil works, electro-mechanical, hydraulic steel structure, and switchyard designs
- Supervision and ensuring the quality of all construction works, installation, erection, testing and commissioning activities of the work
- Supervision and control of environmental activities during the construction, finalization as well as demobilisation stages of the project
- Checking, evaluating, discussing, and verification of payment invoices issued by the contractor
- Administration of claims arising from the contract execution
- Preparation and provision of acceptance certificates for works completed in accordance with the contract requirement
- Coordination of project activities in respect to achieving the planned implementation schedule
- Preparation and submission of technical, progress, witness and related reports
- Prepare dam break analysis and emergency preparedness plan
The consultant shall also prepare the project cost and completion time forecast when the construction work is in progress by referring to the incidence of unforeseen condition of the project and the price escalation of the construction materials and other related costs.
In cases when agreements cannot be reached with the contractor in various issues, the consultant shall advice the client for reasonable settlement of disputes.
Expression of interest
Interested firms must provide a statement of capability and experience indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
Consultants may constitute joint ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the Public Procurement Proclamation of the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below at or before 20 June 2017, 16:00PM.
Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP)
Attn: Mr. Tesfaye Tamirat
Procurement, Logistics and Warehouse Office
Meba Building, Behind School of Commerce
Head Quarter, Ground Floor, Room No. 01/02
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.
Featured image: hydropower_e2tech.org