The Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD) seeks to engage a renewable energy financing expert from a credible and experienced individual consultant.
The key assignment will be to train, mentor and coach BRD on how to achieve PSPE project targets.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Training of BRD staff in due diligence and risk assessment specific for energy projects
- Develop specific analytical tools and software for due diligence and risk assessment for renewable energy projects (on-grid and off-grid)
- Develop tools for monitoring and evaluation of energy projects (on the grid and off grid)
- Support BRD in establishing a plan for reaching out to SACCOs and other commercial financial institutions
- Support BRD in its strategy for business incubators and for its direct assistance to private developers
- General coordination with the World Bank, Energy for Impact, SIDA, GiZ and other key stakeholders.
Qualification and experience:
- At least five years of relevant experience in the sector or thematic domain mentioned above
- Experience with project financing, financial analysis of investment projects (at least two reference projects and provide certificates of completion or employment certificates stating those projects)
- Experience in renewable energy project analysis (at least one reference project and provide certificates of completion or employment certificates stating those projects)
- Experience in project/programme monitoring & evaluation, ideally in energy access projects/programmes
- Experience in designing gender strategies to promote female entrepreneurship and access to finance in the energy sector is a strong asset (at least one reference project)
- International experience is an asset.
Expression of interest
Interested consultants are invited to collect from BRD website (link: BRD Energy full ToR ) for this assignment and address their expression of interest with detailed CVs showing how the candidate meets the requirement.
The expression of interest should be addressed to the Chief Executive officer of Development Bank of Rwanda the following information email address firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 14 August 2018.
For any clarification, please address it to the Chief Executive Officer of the Development Bank of Rwanda at the following email addresses: email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
Subscribe to tenders service
For more detailed tenders you can subscribe to our Tender Subscription Service.
By partnering with a global information provider, ESI Africa can offer a database of opportunities for the energy industry direct to your inbox.
An annual subscription gives access to tender notices across the African continent for all energy sectors.