In celebration of women’s month in South Africa, Energy Minister Jeff Radebe will today host the Women in Energy dialogue under the theme “100 years of Albertina Sisulu: Women United in Moving South Africa Forward”.
The topic of the day will focus and reflect on the transformation of the Energy Sector with more emphasis on concrete mechanisms and programmes aimed at improving women’s access to the economic mainstream, including improving access to finance. Read more: Women in energy transcend gender gap
In a media statement, the Department of Energy explained that role players and stakeholders at the dialogue will engage on matters of importance to South African women’s empowerment in the energy sector including:
- the creation of awareness of the sector as the key to unlocking economic growth and transformation;
- communicate the challenges and opportunities for women;
- create a platform to network, share experiences and debate on tangible transformation solutions;
- debate on gender-based related matters that are barriers to women’s emancipation; and
- reignite a passion for the sector to recommit to the values and principles of Mama Albertina Sisulu.
In celebrating women’s month, @Energy_ZA will host the women in energy dialogue under the theme “100 years of Albertina Sisulu: Women United in Moving South Africa Forward.” #BeTheLegacy #MaSisulu100 👇🏽 pic.twitter.com/hvevsRNnlT
— Minister of Energy (@radebe_jeff) August 18, 2018
Update 21 August: Read the minister’s speech here “Radebe says investing in women is the smart thing to do”