AltGen is advertising a technical O&M manager position to oversee a renewable energy developer’s Observations and Measurements division in Cape Town.
Application Deadline: 20 September 2021
As the technical O&M manager, you will need to develop and implement management systems, report to stakeholders, manage O&M contracts and oversee onsite personnel. The ideal candidate will have an Electrical Engineering Degree, and if you are registered as a Professional Engineer with ECSA this will help make your application stand out from the rest.
Your qualifications need to be accompanied by at least 6 years of technical experience in an infrastructure O&M environment within South Africa with a track record of leading, supervising and training high-performance operational and diverse teams.
It is also important that you have a good understanding of PV system designs, operations and key commercial and business drivers. If you are successful in your application, you will find yourself responsible for making sure that risks are managed effectively via a risk management framework, carrying out root cause investigations, ensuring the company is appropriately organised and staffed, developing a structured set of O&M management tools based on requirements for each project and reviewing plans and specifications provided by subcontractors to confirm adherence to contract.
Additionally, it is important that you have excellent attention to detail to ensure no errors – big or small – go unnoticed.
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- Professional Engineering registration with ECSA is beneficial
- Government Certificate of Competence is beneficial
Experience requirements of the technical O&M manager
- 6+ years technical experience in an infrastructure O&M environment within South Africa
- Experience as a GMR 2(1) is beneficial
- Previous experience in managing the O&M of wind farms is beneficial
- Track record of leading, supervising and training high-performance operational and diverse teams
- Proven experience overseeing stakeholder relationships in the REIPPPP industry
- Good knowledge and understanding of the OHS Act and applicable regulations
- Knowledge and experience in relevant compliance requirements with complex contractual entities
- Strong understanding of PV system designs, operations and key commercial and business drivers
Responsibilities of the technical O&M manager
Your responsibilities will include enforcing warranties on the asset owner’s behalf; direct management of support staff and onsite staff; managing defect correction and remedial works programmes; ensuring each plant is operated in compliance with the requirements of project documentation, standards and laws; preparing change orders and claims; and carry out each project’s insurance policy and support its procurement and renewal processes.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to create and follow processes
- IT literate, especially in MS Office
If you meet the requirements above and think you have what it takes, apply now.