An EPC company within the solar PV rooftop and energy efficiency space has experienced rapid growth within their renewable energy sector recently, and currently seeking a well-connected Technical Manager with invaluable industry knowledge to spearhead their commercial rooftop PV division in Johannesburg.
He/she will need to be well-versed in the various technologies at his/her disposal, including traditional as well as renewable energy (solar PV, inverters, batteries etc.) amongst others. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to integrate and synchronize these systems and present them as simple solutions to clients while assisting all branches on a national level in providing professional technical services and solutions to commercial and industrial clients.
You will also be responsible for designing and developing internal processes to streamline productivity and offerings, and share your knowledge regarding effective designs and financial returns with internal staff and clients. You will need to exhibit strong creative and problem-solving skills which will enable you to customize these solutions accordingly.
A large part of your role will include management of internal technical and sales staff within the company, managing outputs and reporting on a high level to the board of Directors – this will require a professional level of communication on all levels.
In order to successfully deliver you KPI’s you will share a passion for renewable energy and the technologies which facilitate this growing industry. You will need to understand your market as well as the competitors within it to ensure that you are providing the company with a strong competitive advantage.
This is a superb opportunity for someone who is looking to expand their scope in the energy sector. Growth opportunities are apparent and you will see yourself getting involved in the entire project, from inception through to close.
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering from a reputable University
- 5 years or more experience in the energy sector, preferably in a solutions-based environment
- Strong technical and commercial acumen
- Prior knowledge of product development processes and business modelling is advantageous
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Innovative and proactive person with the ability to identify opportunities in the market
- Knowledge of traditional and renewable energy technologies is a big plus