A highly competitive and leading South African Renewable Energy project developer is seeking a bright Study Engineer to join their driven and supportive team.
The ideal candidate will have strong research, analytical and reporting skills as the essence of the role will include fulfilling the requirements of the wind data monitoring campaigns; and processing and analysing wind data characteristics.
The candidate will have to be technically strong as he/she will be responsible for the technical assessment and interpretation of wind resources as well as authoring of technical methods and procedures. Previous renewable energy experience, either in industry or studies, will be advantageous as the study engineer’s outputs will guide the optimization of wind farm layouts and micro-siting of wind turbines.
A good spatial understanding is essential as you will design layouts of access and internal roads, internal electrical network reticulation design and map and data set creations. The candidate must be willing to travel to site as he/she will be expected to conduct installation of wind monitoring equipment on site.
If you are a bright graduate or young professional looking to join one of the leaders in the renewable energy sector, then this is the opportunity for you.
- A Postgraduate Degree from a reputable university in engineering or equivalent.
- Proven technical ability
- Previous experience in the renewable energy sector is advantageous
- Proficient in technologies such as WaSP, WindPro and CFD
- Excellent research and analytical abilities
- Willingness to travel to site
- Good at building relationships and trust, good judgement skills and high integrity