Seeking a high level individual to manage a suite of asset management responsibilities for 100MW + worth of renewable energy (RE) assets in Johannesburg, South Africa.
This person will manage operational performance with a strong emphasis on the profitability of the power generating plant including inculcating a high performance culture into the organisation, with appropriate risk mitigation measures in place, and a full 360’ view of stakeholder engagements to effectively manage the project companies.
Points of contact include contractors, finance providers, government, local communities, and all of the points of engagement as defined by the power purchase agreement (PPA) under the REIPP programme.
- Create and ensure compliance with and implementation of processes and procedures;
- Be an astute Manager, of people and processes, with oversight on scheduling, supervision of staff, budgets and contracts.
- Have a demonstrable track record in supervising and executing on plant maintenance
- Aware of all of the myriad requirements in commission integration
- Be conversant with power plant safety and environmental compliance
- GCC, MBA, B Eng, PR Eng, SCADA exposure
- Plant maintenance and power generation
- HV plant experience
- Knowledge of grid code, network code and SANS