A fast growing IPP, involved in the development and operations of utility scale solar and wind projects across the African continent is looking for a highly experienced Senior Project Director to head up the construction of their latest project in West Africa.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a wealth of project management experience under their belt, having successfully managed numerous large scale power/infrastructure projects from financial close to operations. The Project Director will serve as client’s representative responsible for ensuring overall compliance of the project with regards to the HSE, engineering and commercial aspects. Engaging with stakeholders and government officials will be a key function of this role as you will be responsible for ensuring that the project runs smoothly throughout the construction phase.
If you have exceptional leadership skills, are able to motivate teams, exceed delivery expectations and are a focused bigger picture thinker who loves living in the beautiful outdoors of Africa, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience managing the construction of power projects in Africa
- Solid experience managing HSE and governance risks on large scale projects in remote locations
- Strong commercial acumen with extensive knowledge of EPC contracts
- Experience managing large multi-disciplinary teams
- Fluency in English and French
- Good multicultural awareness