The ideal candidate for this role will be a natural networker as they meet with banks, brokers, developers and contractors in order to identify project opportunities. The individual will be responsible for securing land and managing the commercial side of the project.
Excellent negotiation skills are vital as the candidate will be interacting with various stakeholders, including development partners, landlords and service providers. Furthermore, you will have to use your experience and skills to determine feasibility of project opportunities and play an all-round supportive role in the finance and execution preparations process of projects.
If you are a skilled project developer looking for a new challenge working with industry leaders, this is the role for you.
- A degree in Finance, Environmental or Engineering
- Strong financial acumen is beneficial
- REIPPPP or project development experience in South Africa with an IPP/ developer/advisory agent
- A minimum of 5+ years relevant work experience
- Ability to take own initiative and work under pressure
- Excellent communication, management and team working skills
- Fluent in English, proficiency in Afrikaans would be advantageous
- Previous experience with land acquisition and site permitting