Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for designing power systems and regulatory compliance including; interfacing with Eskom Grid Access Units, Renewable Energy Grid Code Committees. You would be expected to provide technical input on legal contracts with substation building contractors and equipment suppliers, witness factory acceptance test and site integration tests, and manage commissioning activities that relate to the MV/HV portion of the plants.
You will be responsible for the development of the processes and execution of the grid interconnection portion of Utility Scale PV plants in South Africa and the sub-Saharan Africa. Furthermore, you will need to provide technical inputs during the entire life cycle of the EPC project.
If you are a technical expert with a passion for designing, optimising and commissioning large utility scale projects than this is a job for you.
- Electrical Engineering Degree
- 10+ years’ experience in power utility infrastructure project execution
- Knowledge and working experience in the remote monitoring/SCADA systems
- Good communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the South African Grid Code
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Experience in working in the renewable energy sector
- HV/MV certified