Our client, an EPC and O&M solutions provider, is seeking a Design Engineer to join their engineering team and manage the implementation of the technical and design components of projects within the HV sector.
The successful individual will be responsible for project managing the full project life-cycle from planning right through to handover.
The responsibilities will include compiling technical requirements and full detailed designs of HV substations Protection equipment, verifying primary and secondary equipment designs as well as reports, quality control, financial management, equipment procurement and overall supervision of the execution and handover process.
You will furthermore be responsible for stakeholder engagement, managing relationships with various departments, clients and suppliers as well as getting involved in tenders and site visits (as required).
If you are a well-organised and motivated individual with a passion for the HV environment and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, this is the perfect position for you.
- Electrical Engineering Qualification (BTech, BSc, BEng)
- 3-5 years’ experience within the HV environment/substations (11kV – 765kV)
- Prior project management experience is highly beneficial
- Experience in protection, control and automation systems within the HV sector
- Detailed understanding of design and operation of substation control systems through to SCADA systems
- A working knowledge of the civil and mechanical engineering aspects of substations and overhead power lines
- Willing to travel from time to time
- Well-structured individual with people management skills