Our client, one of the largest Energy utility companies (OEM, EPC, and O&M) in Europe, is seeking a technical minded Manager for Project Development, to manage the entire project lifecycle and represent the IPP and its shareholders. While reporting to the Group Business Development Director, based in Cape Town, this key person will lead the overall roll out of RE project in East Africa.
The ideal candidate for this role will have an excellent knowledge of RE project development processes and compliance; including land acquisition, permitting, investors and lender DD, whilst engaging with the relevant governmental bodies.
A technical and a pro-active approach is required with the EPC division and all relevant 3rd parties, as well as the ability to coordinate outsourced services and achieve investor confidence at the lowest cost. You will take on immense responsibility being entrusted to achieve compliance, preferred bidder status, financial close and COD.
You are the ideal candidate for this role if you have achieved financial close for several utility RE projects, are well versed at managing multiple projects simultaneously in different phases of development, and have contractual management / negotiation experience.
You will find yourself responsible for setting budgets and ensuring that the projects run according to budgetary allocations, managing processes and deliverables on bid requirements, as well as conducting commercial evaluations and effectively managing various stakeholders. Other duties will include managing and responding to due diligence, project risks, and responding to investor/lender queries.
- MSc, B.Eng – or higher degree non-negotiable; PM qualification beneficial
- Proven REI4P experience and must have achieved financial close
- Proven history of strong PM experience in a power project environment
- Contract negotiation and management between the IPP shareholding, EPC, and 3rd parties non-negotiable.
- Managing tenders and setting up project implementation against planning and risk measures to achieve COD
- Experience in analysing bankability of IPPs, including understanding of financial models and contractual obligations/responsibilities of all parties.
- Superb communication, negotiation and report writing skills – presentation, speaking and remote reporting
- Commercial experience, exhibiting strong experience in project costing (development and execution) and management