A highly competitive and leading South African renewable energy project developer is seeking an experienced Project developer to join their driven and supportive team.
If you are the ideal candidate for this role, you will find yourself responsible for actively representing, securing, managing and implementing permitting processes for planned technical projects. You will exhibit strong experience handling economic, financial, contractual and permitting evaluations and activities.
You will need to have brilliant people skills as you successfully develop strong relationships with various strategic partners and parties, ensuring you secure permitting approval obligations. You will also be highly organised as you deploy scheduled milestones on time and according to plan.
You should be familiar working with various government departments and private parties that allow for industrial construction developments, especially those within the REIPP. A good understanding of the full development cycle and its implementation is key.
This is not an opportunity to be missed, as you will enjoy the tranquillity of the Eastern Cape and be provided with the opportunity of travel for various project work.
- A degree in Regional Planning, Environmental Management, Engineering or similar
- At least 3+ years’ experience within the energy industry
- Must have great track record in the project permissions/planning environment
- Brilliant communication, verbal and written is required
- Fluent in English, Afrikaans would be advantageous
- Experienced in stakeholder engagement and familiar with the permitting requirements of the REIPP to fulfil the project parameters per the bid process and lenders requirements