As part of strengthening its capacity to implement crucial projects related to the solar PV sector, the South African Photovoltaic Industry Association (SAPVIA) is seeking a passionate and dynamic PV representative, who will coordinate and drive SAPVIA’s initiatives related to market development, localisation and skills development and internal organisational capacity development.
While these are primarily related to the emerging roof-top PV (or embedded generation) market segment, the role will also be expected to contribute towards relevant aspects in the large-scale PV sector (e.g. Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme or REIPPPP).
Reporting to the CEO and managing contracted professionals as required, the ideal candidate for this role will become quintessential in unlocking implementation barriers and creating an enabling environment for the PV industry. Utilising measured information, research and regular coordination with other role-players within SAPVIA this person will have a predisposition appropriate for managing government and stakeholder relations, policy development and implementation of strategic research.
This person should have an in-depth understanding of the market within the greater renewable energy sector in South Africa, and ideally a good level of understanding of the issues related to roof-top PV, grid access issues, standards and local manufacturing in relation to solar PV.
If you are a naturally driven person, an all-out doer on the pulse of activity within the PV sector, then this is the role for you.
- Relevant undergraduate degree (Engineering or equivalent technical field); postgraduate qualification in project management or similar preferred
- Previous experience in project management, programme management or a technical environment; implementing and driving outputs
- 5 years’ experience with proven delivery of successful projects and managing and reporting on budgets
- Superb technical, research, reporting and presentation abilities essential
- Ability to self-manage and work independently
- Experience in working in a regulated environment with government entities a benefit
- Prior experience in a consulting firm that has had South African REIPP/C&I exposure would be ideal
- Please submit your CV in MS Word format in confidence and quote “SAPVIA” in the subject line