An international player focusing on southern African biomass and thermal projects, is seeking a seasoned Process engineer to join their team of dedicated go-getters in the bioenergy space.
The ideal candidate will have vast experience with evaluating technical tenders for biomass boiler turbine generator plants. This would include financial costing for the balance of plant as well as heat loss calculations and thermodynamic performance – exhibiting a great understanding of biomass project financial models.
You would have seen projects through to implementation, developing implementation schedules and ensuring projects are executed according to these schedules – providing an in-depth understanding of the procurement processes from similar project experience.
With your technical expertise on the various biomass project components, you will be able to effectively compile plant technical procedures along with operating manuals for a seamless handover from the project implementation phase.
If you are an execution focussed individual with a passion for renewable and sustainable energy, and you possess a comprehensive understanding of project needs and requirements, then this is the perfect role for you!
- Engineering degree or similar from a reputable tertiary institution
- PrEng is preferred
- Well versed with mass and energy balance calculations
- CAD drafting experience is essential, P&ID’s
- Must be able to create process flow diagrams, datasheets, SoW’s, BoQ, Baic design calculators for process units and RFQ’s
- Flexibility to travel within South Africa and other African countries
- Experience in executing power generation projects of >1MW.
- Understand impacts of CAPEX and OPEX on financial models
- Project manage themselves and several projects at the same time
- A clean driver’s license is essential