A prestigious local owner and developer of Waste to Energy projects focussing on agricultural biogas plants, is looking for a forward-thinking plant manager to join their O&M site team on an operational biogas plant.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to provide leadership, direction and supervision to plant maintenance and operating personnel in order to improve operations and streamline workflow.
You will be highly organised, able to plan, synchronise and meet deadlines - all while using your strong supervisory and delegating skills to ensure quality results are exceeded.
A key function of this role will also include ensuring that contractual obligations are met by the relevant operational subcontractors. This will require someone with a solid background in project management, having overseen the construction of energy related projects through to operations. You would have to possess strong communication and people skills, ensuring various compliance measures and requirements are understood and implemented on site - as well as documenting and providing regular reporting to the various stakeholders.
If you are an operation’s focussed individual with a passion for renewable and sustainable energy, and you possess a comprehensive understanding of waste to energy needs and requirements, then this could be the perfect role for you.
- Mechanical or Electrical qualification
- Expertise in trouble shooting of operational equipment
- SCADA and remote control experience necessary
- Understanding of CHP and power generation is crucial
- Knowledge of waste management preferred
- Able to report data online and analyse system performance to draw up reports
- Understanding of environmental permitting and implementation of deriving constraints