A prestigious international Waste to Energy company focussing on biogas construction and O&M in South Africa, are looking for a forward thinking plant manager to join their O&M site team on a functional biogas plant.
The ideal candidate will exhibit strong leadership’s skills, take initiative and be focused on results. You will find yourself responsible for ensuring plant optimisation through superlative management and monitoring skills, implementing service and maintenance systems in order to enable the smooth operation of the plant.
You will be highly organised, able to plan, synchronise and meet deadlines – all while using your strong supervisory and delegating skills to ensure quality results are exceeded. You would have to possess strong communication and people skills – managing operators, ground staff and technicians.
This will ensure various compliance measures and requirements are understood and implemented on site while providing accurate operating documents and regular reporting to the various local and international stakeholders.
With your technical expertise on various biogas or wastewater treatment project components, you will be able to effectively provide input on spare-part procurement as well as effectively manage service-contracts.
If you are an operations focussed individual with a passion for renewable and sustainable energy, and you possess a comprehensive understanding of waste to energy needs and requirements, then this is the perfect role for you.
- Mechanical or Electrical qualification
- Expertise in trouble shooting of operational equipment (pumps, piping, cabling, sensors)
- SCADA and remote control experience necessary
- Understanding of combined heat and power engines, and power generation is crucial
- Knowledge of waste management and organic fertilisers preferred
- Daily ability to be frugal and thorough
- Able to report data online and analyse system performance to draw up reports
- Understanding of environmental permitting and implementation of deriving constraints