Our client, an EPC, developer and leader in wind innovation is in search of a driven Operations and Maintenance Manager who exhibits strong problem-solving skills, is highly resilient and organised. This person will be responsible for managing the overall operations and commercial tasks and look after the service business as a whole.
You will need to facilitate the smooth operational and maintenance tasks for various wind farm projects so as to ensue optimal plant performance.
You will act as key account person for major customers and negotiate new service contracts inside the respective service area together with the Operations Manager.
You will also be responsible for cost monitoring and should be able to implement cost saving strategies.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, which will enable them to easily asses and analyse areas for improvement in the equipment, processes and systems used on site.
Some of your duties will include scheduling/planning (daily and monthly), administration, delegating, supervising, reporting, managing budgets, handling/understanding legal contracts and managing all related contractors.
- Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering degree
- Business experienced or business qualification
- Proven operations and field work experience
- IOSH Health and Safety
- Willing to travel on a regular basis a MUST
- Presentation and reporting skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good at building relationships and trust, good judgement skills and high integrity