Our client, a world leader in renewable energy power production, is seeking a permanent O&M Manager with a GCC (Factories) to provide engineering services and leadership to several solar PV utility plants in South Africa.
With your significant experience with the engineering/construction sector, you will also provide technical input to project execution based on O&M related issues and results – this could include design reviews, bid submission and plant commissioning support as well as general machinery regulatory compliance.
As part of your O&M management duties, you will also see yourself setting corrective actions in place, establish trends based on data retrieved from monitoring equipment, as well as developing and implementing planned maintenance programs for all the PV plants.
This technically competent individual, will exhibit strong skills in; scheduling/planning (daily and monthly), administration, delegating, supervising, reporting, managing budgets, handling/understanding legal contracts and managing all related staff and contractors.
You will find yourself needing to continuously and effectively communicate with all related stakeholders such as; O&M teams (South Africa and Europe, project management, Engineering, site staff etc.) as well as reporting to the Engineering Manager in South Africa and the Head of Operations in Europe on a functional level.
The perfect candidate is able to work within a team as well as to a large part independently, due to the amount of responsibility they will carry.
Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be an independent and mature problem solver who can prioritise and action tasks accordingly. This position is perfect for a person wishing to improve their O&M career in renewable energy or the growing independent power producer environment.
- Electrical OR Mechanical Degree (BSc. Eng, B Tech, or equivalent)
- Holder of GCC (Factories) is imperative
- Professional engineering registration (Pr.Eng)
- Proven ability to interpret plant SCADA process control systems and providing corrective actions based on the outcomes
- 5 years’ experience in a power generation/industrial plant maintenance environment
- Strict adherence to general power plant safety and environmental procedures
- Proven ability and experience with high voltage electrical safety procedures
- Proven experience with O&M (medium voltage switchgear/circuit breakers/ protective relay systems/high voltage transformers and switching)
- Conversant with the South African grid code, transmission network code, distribution network code, and the South African National Standards (SANS)
- Track record in completing integrated commissioning
- Proven report writing problem solving and communication skills
- Proven experience in planning, supervising and executing BOP maintenance (plant optimization, efficiency and improvements)