An esteemed international Waste to Energy Company focussing on biogas construction and O&M in South Africa, are looking for a forward thinking Mechanical Operator to join their dynamic O&M site team on a functional biogas plant.
The ideal candidate will be a frugal and thorough individual who has the ability to take initiative and is driven by results. You will find yourself working with a dynamic young team; therefore strong communication and people skills are essential. A keen eye for detail and quality control is of cardinal importance as the candidate will be responsible for service and maintenance of the equipment of the plant.
You will be highly organised, able to plan, synchronise and meet deadlines – all while using your strong supervisory and delegating skills to ensure quality results are exceeded. With your technical expertise on various biogas and wastewater treatment project components, you will be able to effectively provide input on spare-part procurement as well as effectively manage service-contracts.
If you are an innovative and hardworking individual with a passion for renewable and sustainable energy, and you possess a comprehensive understanding of waste to energy needs and requirements, then this is the perfect role for you.
- Technical qualification is a must
- Expertise in Service and Maintenance of Pumps, Heat Exchangers and Mixers
- Previous experience in spare-part procurement
- Ability to manage service-contracts
- Expertise in trouble shooting of operational equipment
- Understanding of Process Control Systems (SCADA)
- An in-depth understanding of CHP Engines and Power generation is essential
- The ability to report data online and analyse system performance