A global renewable energy developer, owner and operator of IPPs, is seeking a permanent Plant manager to manage and co-ordinate activities on a power generation site (utility-scale PV farm). The key responsibilities of this role will be to ensure plant safety and HSE implementation, schedule and manage maintenance activities of sub-contractors, trouble shooting and ensuring optimal plant performance.
This technically competent individual, will exhibit strong skills in: scheduling/planning (daily and monthly), administration, delegating, supervising, reporting, managing budgets, handling/understanding legal contracts and managing all related contractors.
You will find yourself needing to continuously and effectively communicate with all related stakeholders such as; Eskom, the local community, contractors and the operations manager.
The perfect candidate is able to work within a team as well as to a large part independently due to the amount of responsibility they will need to manage. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be an independent mature problem solver who can prioritise and action tasks accordingly. You should be well versed in plant SCADA process control systems and have demonstrated knowledge with operation and maintenance of high voltage transformers and equipment.
- Electrical Degree (BSc. Eng, B Tech, or equivalent)
- Proven technical ability – ideally Pr. Eng.
- Proven ability to work with plant SCADA process control systems is essential
- Holder of a GCC – Factories or in the process of obtaining one
- Preferably holds an MBA but not required
- 5 years’ experience in a power generation/industrial plant maintenance environment
- Strict adherence to general power plant safety and environmental procedures