A well-known international solar energy company, based in the Western Cape, South Africa is looking for an in-house manager of legal affairs to join them and take full responsibility for all of the firm’s day-to-day legal procedures.
A strong knowledge of legal terms, ‘good corporate legal practise’ and legal procedures is required. An excellent understanding of contract law would be a good addition to the required skill set, as well as a good grasp of the format of legal documentation and legal queries.
The incumbent will be required to dispense professional legal advice to the team as well as establish a legal library and system to house the contracting engagements and vet contracts for legal robustness and compliance to the relevant legislative environments.
If you have a sharp and enquiring mind, enjoy being absolutely methodical and accurate, and feel that you can add value in a fast paced and exciting working environment, then this is just the job for you.
- An LLB, or paralegal diploma
- 5+ years of experience legal experience in a high-paced corporate environment with meaningful legal interactions with a multiplicity of stakeholders
- Exposure to EPC contracting and renewable energy environment
- Excellent knowledge of business writing
- Superlative record keeping as well as the management of records