The role will see yourself reporting to and working closely with the Director, it will involve designing PV systems and operating the monitoring equipment for these projects. Working closely with the Director will enable you to quickly learn and grow within the company as you absorb information from the key member.
The successful candidate will be responsible for: compiling commercial offers, responding to calls for tenders, conducting presentations, procurement of necessary materials for installations, supervision of PV plant construction as well as managing subcontractors (installers, structural engineers) and working with 3rd parties: Eskom, Municipalities, NERSA and DoE.
This role will require the successful candidate to be adaptable, up for a challenge and comfortable working independently. If you are highly driven and focused on contributing to energy solutions in South Africa, this is the job for you.
- Electrical engineer; registered professional engineer preferred
- Experience with PV simulation, lay-out, site measurements and shade assessments, drawings, electrical design (use of software AutoCAD, PV Syst)
- Technical, commercial and networking skills required
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Other languages are beneficial
- A valid drivers’ license due to frequent travel in South Africa
- This role is open to recent graduates with exposure to Solar PV – either through research or hands-on experience.