An opportunity exists for a power systems engineer to join a vibrant consulting company who are known for creating innovative solutions and solving complex problems associated with achieving net zero. This is your chance to be a part of the net zero energy revolution in Cape Town, South Africa.
Application deadline: 10 September 2021
As the power systems engineer, you will find yourself responsible for providing clients with consulting services and solutions, conducting grid integration studies for renewable energy or new industrial sites, taking on detailed steady-state and dynamic studies, maintaining relationships with existing clients as well as engaging with new clients, and analysing data for energy management and storage studies.
You will know you’re the person we’re looking for if you have a good understanding of grid code requirements and compliance monitoring, have previous experience as owner’s engineer on energy projects, and can efficiently oversee multiple projects simultaneously. Additionally, you may need to travel to clients and renewable energy sites when required.
- Engineering Degree
- Master’s Degree in Engineering is highly beneficial
- Registered or working towards registering with ECSA as a Professional Engineer
- Previous experience working on energy projects within Africa
- Experience with overhead line, substation and renewable plant design is beneficial
- Experience carrying out insulation co-ordination studies is beneficial
- Battery energy storage systems experience is beneficial
- Thorough knowledge of power system analysis software such as DigSILENT PowerFactory, PSS/E or PSCAD
- Good understanding of grid code requirements and compliance monitoring
Your responsibilities will include conducting technology benchmarking research, analysing data for energy management and storage studies, carrying out site visits and investigations, provide consulting services and creating solutions for clients, and carry out transmission and distribution network planning.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation and report-writing skills
- Robust interpersonal skills with the ability to work within a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage multiple projects
- Data analysis skills in Excel, Python or similar is beneficial
- Scripting skills for automation or repetitive analytical work is beneficial
Apply here for this career opportunity