Our client, an EPC and O&M solutions provider, is seeking a Substation Automation Manager to join their engineering team and manage the implementation of the technical and design components of substation automation projects within the HV sector.
You will have a sound knowledge on telecommunications technologies (TCP/IP, RSTP, Firewalls, IPSEC), various standards (IEC 62351, IEC 61850) as well as HMIs, Gateways and IEDs.
The successful individual will be responsible for project-managing the full project life-cycle from planning right through to handover.
This will include compiling technical requirements and full review of designs of HV substations automation equipment, assisting engineers with secure industrial networking solutions as well as advising clients and suppliers on project progress and project execution.
You will furthermore be responsible for quality control, financial management, equipment procurement and overall supervision of the execution and handover process.
Stakeholder engagement will also form part of the role, as well as managing relationships with various departments, clients and suppliers and getting involved in tenders and site visits (as required).
If you are a well-organised and motivated individual with a passion for the HV environment and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, this is the perfect position for you.
- Electrical Engineering Qualification (BTech, BSc, BEng) – Professional Engineer would be an advantage
- 3-5 years’ experience within the HV environment/substations (11kV – 765kV)
- Prior project management experience is highly beneficial
- Experience in protection, control and automation systems within the HV sector
- Detailed understanding of design and operation of substation control systems through to SCADA systems
- A working knowledge of the civil and mechanical engineering aspects of substations and overhead power lines
- Willing to travel from time to time (approximately 80% in office)
- Well-structured individual with people management skills