GreenCape is looking for an experienced Human Resources (HR) Administrator to support the HR Officer in the full employee lifecycle.
This is a half-day position and requires someone who is deadline-driven and has excellent attention to detail.
The deadline for applications is Monday, 29 March 2021.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Legal compliance: Remaining up to date on legal requirements and supporting the HR Officer with statutory reports (COIDA, BCEA, H&S, UIF, Employment Equity, Workplace Skills Plan and Annual Training Report), as well as monthly internal reporting on changes in legislation and
- Recruitment and selection: Scheduling interviews, managing CV databases, liaising with candidates, completing background checks. Assisting with recruitment stats for EE purposes.
- Employee onboarding, administration and probation: Assisting with the onboarding process. Collating probation documents. Checking and filing all new employee documentation.
- Remuneration, benefits and leave Management: Assisting with monthly payroll input and liaising with our service provider on payroll queries. Dealing with employee leave management queries. Assisting with leave reports and leave management system changes when required. Completing all medical aid forms and submitting to our brokers. Ensuring forms are correct and following up to ensure that new employees are added to medical aid. Fielding Discovery queries.
- Employee wellness: Staff support and coordinating wellness initiatives.
- Learning & development: Assisting with training reports and training agreements. Requesting training quotes and booking training courses. Tracking training in the organisation. Assisting the HR Officer with career paths and progression planning.
- Performance management: Collating performance review documents.
- Culture and change management: Support the HR Officer with initiatives which improve the company culture. Being a culture champion.
- Internal HR staff communication: Assisting with HR-related communication to and from staff (individually and collectively).
- General HR administration: Drafting letters for employees which range from contract amendments, confirmation of employment, visa letters and contracts when required.
Contract length and remuneration
This is a half day, 12-month contract position, subject to GreenCape’s standard contracting conditions. Contract renewal will depend on performance and the HR requirements of the organisation at the time. There will be a three-month probation period for this position.
Remuneration will be market-related, with the recognition that GreenCape is a not-for-profit organisation. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience, and level of responsibility into account.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Applications must include:
- A well written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role:
- What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate;
- An indication of current salary and salary expectations;
- An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work;
- Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity.
- A detailed CV;
- Copies of academic transcripts;
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit);
- All applicants must complete the GreenCape online application form. The application form can completed by accessing this link.
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. The deadline for applications is Monday, 29 March 2021. Candidates who have not heard from GreenCape by 30 April 2021 should consider their application unsuccessful.
Note that GreenCape reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests. Preference will be given to designated groups and people with disabilities. All appointments will be done in accordance with their Employment Equity Plan.